REVIEW - Kat Von D shade and light palette.

Hi all!

this is my review on the Kat Von D Shade and Light eyeshadow palette.
I first got this palette around July last year, and i used it on occasion.
firstly, I cannot fault the quality on this palette. for matte eyeshadow shades, the range is lovely. and i love the fact that you can create three separate eyeshadow looks from the 'neutral' 'cool' or 'warm' toned quads.

the only thing i dislike, is there is not a shimmer shade for the lid. i feel like this would have completed the palette and therefore made it a one hit run for everything you could need in a nice base, transition shade and a crease shade. although as i said, the main shades i would change, are the three largest. now, i do use the cream shade from the neutrals section regularly, however the other two i just dont. they're too dark for me to use to set my eyeshadow base, and not dark enough for my skin tone to use as a transition. i feel that this is where shimmer shades would go perfectly.

in all honesty, now when starting to write this post, i am considering scraping out the colours from the top pans and repressing them, and then repressing eyeshadow singles that i love but dont use as much in their place. this would probably make the palette for me my ultimate favourite and therefore make me contemplate if i would ever need another eyeshadow palette again.


as you can see, for having this palette coming up to 9 months, i probably haven't used it as much as was i could have done, however since dying my hair back ginger, i have been loving using the warm orange and the brown mixed for my brow colour.

i have to admit, despite my few complaints, as i said i cannot fault the overall quality of this palette. i love it more than i admit, and t has been one of the best higher end purchases and will continue to use it until it keels over.


thanks for reading, and if theres anything you would be interested in me reviewing. let me know!

xo lauren.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Whats in my makeup bag? March 2018

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick

My Skincare Routine May 2018